* This blog has been formulating itself in my head for some time now. It's dedicated to the ponderings I have when driving, the random thoughts and debates that go through my brain in the shower, and the discussions I wish I had finished at dinner.
* I am not a writer, though there are times I wish I could be paid to write. (Don't all bloggers?!) As you read this, just remember it's all based on opinion. That doesn't mean I'm closed-minded, but rather just passionate! So please feel free to share your opinions, thoughts, and questions. I always welcome a good debate!
* All that being said, sit back, relax, and enjoy! :)

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Insignificant...

We live in an insignificant time. Don't you think?

...

Donald Trump - Kim Jong Un - Russia - Peace - Families - Democratic Republic of Congo - AIDS - LGBTQ - Christianity - Mexican Border Wall - China

...

Now take yourself back about 242 years. Do you know what was happening? Do some math...think about it...If that's too difficult to figure out, go back about 66 million years...Pretend you're a pterytacle...

...

Now come back to 2018. "Look around, look around...how lucky we are to be alive right now", Hamilton, the musical. Do you feel this way? I know I do.

66 million years ago, a comet or asteroid was striking the earth, subsequently killing nearly every living being on our planet.

242 years ago we had just told England to "eff off" and let us live our own lives.

Earlier this summer we praised the President of the United States for meeting with a dictator that the previous president had either met with or considered meeting with (clearly I don't follow politics!) but had also been highly criticized for doing so.

Yet, we still have people in this country working their butts off to pay bills, get medical care for their children, drive home without being stopped by a police office, living their lives as if no one cares if they live or die. Someone does... someone cares...

At this point in history, it's difficult to realize but there is actually still love in the world and people who care for each other person on the planet...And nothing that's happening hasn't already happened in some other time in history. It's all pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment