* This blog has been formulating itself in my head for some time now. It's dedicated to the ponderings I have when driving, the random thoughts and debates that go through my brain in the shower, and the discussions I wish I had finished at dinner.
* I am not a writer, though there are times I wish I could be paid to write. (Don't all bloggers?!) As you read this, just remember it's all based on opinion. That doesn't mean I'm closed-minded, but rather just passionate! So please feel free to share your opinions, thoughts, and questions. I always welcome a good debate!
* All that being said, sit back, relax, and enjoy! :)

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Decision with a Goal

As you all may know I've been floating happily along in life, changing careers, changing goals, loving my daughter, and generally working to keep the house and family running smoothly. Being CEO of a family was never my intention, but who among us is really living their initial goals, anyway?
Lately I've been getting restless again and looking for the next big thing. Well, guess what? I found it! And no, it's not another career, haha! I love being a personal trainer and I love teaching group exercise. But I want to make more money and I want to work at one location. I love the MCC and I really enjoy most people at the Y. But driving to two different locations and not really making any real money is wearing on me. So, here is my decision:

---> I'm going to start looking for a part-time job. My expectations are high. I want to continue to train people, individually and, if possible, in group settings. I want to work between 9:30-3:00. I'd love 4 days a week but I'll do 5 if needed. I want to make between $25,000-35,000. I wouldn't mind a supervisory position. I do have experience and plenty of education to back it up!
I'm pretty open to the population I work with. However, I would prefer either a high school as a Strength & Conditioning Coach/Teacher, or a business where I could work with the company's health insurance (or perhaps a company that has a health initiative) and train the employees during their work day. There are a few businesses that employee personal trainers and have gyms available to employees to use during the work day. Finding those companies in Indianapolis has proven to be a challenge, though!
---> Once I find this perfect position, I am going to buy a Jeep! This is my second goal. I want a fun vehicle for my next car and since cars with suicide doors are no longer made, I'll be looking for an awesome Jeep to drive around!

My timeline to meet these goals is one year from August. 
---> August 2016 I will either be beginning or settling into a new job and driving a sweet new Jeep around town! Big decisions; BIG goals!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment