* This blog has been formulating itself in my head for some time now. It's dedicated to the ponderings I have when driving, the random thoughts and debates that go through my brain in the shower, and the discussions I wish I had finished at dinner.
* I am not a writer, though there are times I wish I could be paid to write. (Don't all bloggers?!) As you read this, just remember it's all based on opinion. That doesn't mean I'm closed-minded, but rather just passionate! So please feel free to share your opinions, thoughts, and questions. I always welcome a good debate!
* All that being said, sit back, relax, and enjoy! :)

Saturday, September 13, 2014

What to do...what to do...

Hey there readers!  This is a very sharing blog tonight so get prepared!
I'm coming up on a VERY BIG birthday in November.  Most people know me as the girl who is perpetually 35.  I love that age.  I'm not a naive 20-something. I'm not "old". I'm in my mid-30's.  Still cool to people in their 20's but mature enough for those in their 40's.  Young enough to keep up with the newest technology but old enough to know that a personal conversation is still sometimes the best medicine. Yes, 35 is a good age and I've thouroughly enjoyed the last 5 years! I could stay 35 forever...aaahhhhhhhh...

But that still doesn't change the fact that this year I'll be turning 35 for the sixth time. That's kind of  a big deal. (Do the math...you'll figure out why!)  I don't know why I have such a hard time aging.  Everyone does it. If you don't do it you are dead. I should love getting older. But I DON'T! Every year I age I get a year farther removed from the "target audience". That's a weird thing to think about, I know.  Ages 18-24 are the target ages for many products. Ages 18-40 are the target ages for TV. Once you cross that boundary the advertisers don't care about you anymore. Over 40 and you may as well pull up a good book and drink some tea.  :(

Well I'm NOT GOING TO DO IT!  I'm going to stay 35!!!!  Just watch me :)  However, I am going to celebrate the heck out of this birthday.  The question is How? Here's what I've hit up against so far:
#1 - I want to go to NYC for Thanksgiving and my birthday.  I wanted my family to go along with me.  Our entire extended family lives closer to NYC so it would be easier to get everyone together there than to travel to IN anyway.  But the family pooped out on me.  (This is typical and I knew going into it that it was a looooooong shot).
#2 - How about a paint ball party?!  Hubby thought it was a good idea.  But then I mentioned having teams with the kids and he said you can't have little kids in paintball b/c it will hurt them.  I've never played paintball so I didn't know that.  And I don't want to do something without my daughter!
#3 - I keep going back to a destination birthday.  Last year we went downtown and stayed in a hotel for the lighting of the World's Largest Christmas Tree.  I'd do that again, actually, b/c it was super fun.  But I'd like to have friends and family there. And maybe have a big party on the veranda of the hotel! I wonder how much that costs...
#4 - What now???  I'm searching for some way to make this birthday a great one.  I just don't know what to do.  I'm open for more ideas.  I don't have much more time to  plan this.  I'll be turning 35 again really soon so please share your ideas!
??? What did you do?
??? What would you like to do?
??? What have your friends done?
Please share and help me make this a great, spectacular birthday to remember!  You know I'll take pix and post them on Twitter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment