* This blog has been formulating itself in my head for some time now. It's dedicated to the ponderings I have when driving, the random thoughts and debates that go through my brain in the shower, and the discussions I wish I had finished at dinner.
* I am not a writer, though there are times I wish I could be paid to write. (Don't all bloggers?!) As you read this, just remember it's all based on opinion. That doesn't mean I'm closed-minded, but rather just passionate! So please feel free to share your opinions, thoughts, and questions. I always welcome a good debate!
* All that being said, sit back, relax, and enjoy! :)

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pigs' Eyes

This might be one of those "otherwise" blogs today!  Tiny and I were driving around and saw a truck filled with pigs.  Of course I'm sure they were going to slaughter but when Tiny asked where they were going I said I didn't know.  We had a nice chat about farmers raising pigs and then selling them.  As we were talking and watching the pigs, I caught the eye of one of them.
...
Did you know that a pig's eye looks just like a human's eye?  It was creepy.  The way the sun was shining on the pig's face hid the nose and just highlighted the eye.  I swear I thought I was looking directly into a human's eye. So sad.  Asking for help.  Knowing where he was going and knowing there was nothing he could do about it.  There was not a chance I was going to tell Tiny where those pigs were really going.  Not with that one pig staring at me....Helpless.
...
So, what if we are all like that?  All headed towards our slaughter with nothing we can do about it?  In a way, we are, aren't we?  I mean, we live our lives looking for success, happiness, whatever gets us through the days.  And in the end we die.  Who knows what happens when we die.  Maybe we go to Heaven.  Maybe we just rot.  Maybe we reincarnate (and become that poor pig!)  But we do know we die.  And there's nothing we can do about it.  What if our death is really the universe slaughtering us?  I could on about how many of us die in hospital and hospice.  And going to these places is like the pig going to slaughter.  When we get old or really sick we know the end is near.  Do we look sad like that pig?  Or do we hope above hope that there will be a cure and we'll be saved to live another year?
...
I really don't know the answer, nor do I even know what I want the answer to be.  But I do know that there's no way I'll be buying bacon or ham anytime soon without seeing that poor pig's eyes asking me to help him!

No comments:

Post a Comment