* This blog has been formulating itself in my head for some time now. It's dedicated to the ponderings I have when driving, the random thoughts and debates that go through my brain in the shower, and the discussions I wish I had finished at dinner.
* I am not a writer, though there are times I wish I could be paid to write. (Don't all bloggers?!) As you read this, just remember it's all based on opinion. That doesn't mean I'm closed-minded, but rather just passionate! So please feel free to share your opinions, thoughts, and questions. I always welcome a good debate!
* All that being said, sit back, relax, and enjoy! :)

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Freedom of Religion

** DISCLAIMER= We all know this blog is about my thoughts, and my thoughts only. I may do a little bit of research, but most of this is my OPINION only. I keep hearing stuff from various politicians and not really paying much attention to them. But this latest article has taken the cake.

I am a Republican. But, I should clarify, I fall under the category of "old Republican". I am a fiscal Republican and feel that we should all be entitled to make our own money, spend our own money, and invest our own money. If you can't do this wisely and run out of money then it's too bad on you. Figure out another way to make more money and live within your means. Harsh? Nope. Fair!
Now, socially, I lean towards being a Democrat. I truly believe the constitution when it says "freedom of religion". I believe that "all men (and women) are created equal.". The founding fathers wrote the constitution based on these ideals. They did not sit down and say, "we are Christian. How can we screw over other religions while looking like we're giving them freedom?!"
I mean, really Santorum? We get our rights from our hearts which come from God? (as quoted during the debate in Alabama). We get our rights from the constitution! For goodness sake, why do you think we have a constitution?!

I just cannot believe that educated people are saying some of the things these current Republican presidential-wannabes are saying. They are mis-quoting the constitution, they are completely ignoring some amendments (the first!), and they are making America seem like a country full of hypocrites!
From what I understand President Obama is a Christian. This is different to being a Muslim. I don't really care what religion he is because that is the best part of being an American. You can be any religion you want and still be President! We have Freedom OF Religion here in this great country!

Furthermore, President Obama was born in the USA. Who cares where his parents were born? (Santorum, I believe, was the one making a stink about this. What is this guys' deal?). According to the constitution you have to be an American-born citizen to be president. I know this because I always wondered why Arnie didn't run for president. He can't. He wasn't born in America.

The way I see it, I think I should be president. I don't think I am any more knowledgable than the bumbling pack of idiots currently running. But I am a down-to-earth, fair thinker. I can read and understand history. I can understand plain English that says things like "freedom of religion". I don't pretend to know everything that is in the Bible and interpret it to suit my needs. I respect everyone, regardless of religion, because I am American. I could go on, and maybe I will in another blog, but for now I leave you with this one question: Are there any American candidates left out there?!

No comments:

Post a Comment